Friday, April 4, 2014

BIG FEELS!!!

(Yesterday)
Today is our final dress rehearsal before we open.  It's almost too overwhelming to think about...how do you end a process like this?  I really don't know.  I suspect that it's a transition to another phase, but I'm not sure what the other phase is.  I am so looking forward to the cast having an audience.  I'm looking forward to hearing the audience respond, although I think I have some centering to do around that.  I don't want to rely on the audience for validation--although it is certainly a huge piece, their emotional response, their applause and discussions after.  I want my feelings of success to be separate from that though, and that feels difficult right now.  I don't know how to get there.

My cast is buzzing and happy.  My crew heads and designers are settling in, trouble-shooting and keeping calm amidst the chaos. It's truly an amazing feat that we are pulling off here!  When I try and pull my thoughts together to prepare to speak to my cast I get very weepy.  I guess that is a good thing!

Okay, we're starting.  Hard to type in the dark.
Oh My.  Ian is pulling out all stops.  WTF!  He is magnificent!  Look...IT'S JEAN VALJEAN!
NO more notes!  This story is alive and unfolding before my eyes!

(Today)
Today is Opening.  Holy Crap.  I've sent my last set of notes to my fabulous crew.  Cast members are buzzing on FB.  I am so excited to have an audience and to feel the show!  Oh How Glorious it will be!!  The energy will be electrifying.

I feel good, finally.  Peaceful and excited.  The show is in their hands.  There will probably always be tiny tech things that will need to be adjusted--it'll take the crew time to feel their way through things, but even with that-things are solid.  Now to see how my cast takes the audience.  It will be so interesting!!

I want to talk about gratitude.  I am so incredibly grateful to everyone who put their blood, sweat and tears into this project.  What an honor to be trusted with this story and this production...No words.  Just lots and lots of joyful tears!

Here we go...

TO THE BARRICADES!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment