Sunday, October 13, 2013

Two new books! and lots of Les Miserables blogs!

I found 2 more books through Amazon trolling.  One was recommended by my good friend Christina:  Musical Theatre Choreography by Robert Berkson (Immediately useful!) and the other is called Barricades, The War of the Streets in Revolutionary Paris, 1830 to 1848.  I've had Jon Jory's book, Tips for Directors, open all afternoon--I've been writing and thinking about the central character, and was delighted to find an article interviewing Robert Marien, who played JVJ in the Montreal bilingual production in 1990.  He talks about the specifics of the characterization of JVJ, and not forgetting to play the dark side...very interesting!

I also found a pretty thorough unscrambling of the history behind the time period on another blog.  I think I tagged it on mine, but I'm still learning-- so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment