Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gotta get my ducks in a row!

Here we are!  Tech weekend approaches.  We had our final rehearsal in the reheasal hall tonight.  I cancelled rehearsal Friday because everything is so solid.  A day of rest will be a thing of beauty for all of us--not to mention keeping the plague at bay.

The truck is coming tomorrow night, and will be unloaded at the Flynn on Friday morning.  The set, props and set dec crews will re-assemble the set in the performance space for most of Friday and possibly into Saturday morning--although Cheri is pretty confident that they will be done on Friday afternoon.  Lights will be focusing on Thursday and Friday nights, and starting to build cues for tech on Friday and Saturday nights.  Tom, our projection TD, will be bringing the projector up to it's home on Thursday night and "fooling around" on Thursday and Friday, into Saturday and Sunday.  AT some point on Friday night, Tom and Andy will be ready to start working lights and projections together.  My job will be to refresh my memory of all the timing for cues that I wanted when we first  talked about this way back in January!  I will be spending a lot of time at the Flynn!  My view of the show has been--necessarily--tightly focused on the actors.  Now, I need to widen my view and help my team add the technical elements in the way that we had originally conceived.  It's a grueling shift and I'll need to be much more procedural than I am when working with cast.  I already know that there are going to be blocking changes in the sewers for both Ian and Bob.  You may remember from previous posts--that kind of thinking takes its toll on me much faster than intuitive, playing, exploring and "what if?" kinds of thinking.

I gotta get my ducks in a row!

To the Barricades!
KAK


No comments:

Post a Comment